Creating A Ticket Reply Form
It is possible to create a ticket reply form. Here is how you can do it:
- Create a Gravity Forms form with two fields: Ticket ID and Message.
- Configure the Gravity Forms form to require the user to login.
- Add the Gravity Forms form short-code to a new WordPress page.
- Go to the TICKETS->SETTINGS->Gravity Forms tab.
- Select your form from the ADD NEW MAPPING drop-down
- Map your two Gravity Forms form fields as follows:
- Set the CONTENT drop-down to your Message form field. Check the required box as well.
- Click on the ADVANCED tab and Set the TICKET ID drop-down to your form’s Ticket ID field. Check the required box as well.
- Click the SAVE CHANGES button.
Test the Form
- Pull up your Gravity Forms form page, login and fill in the ticket id of an existing ticket and message on your form.
- Check the ticket in Awesome Support – you should see the reply on the ticket.
More Topics In Gravity Forms