Importing From Zendesk
It is very important that you disable ALL other Awesome Support add-ons before using the importer. The only plugins that should be active is AWESOME SUPPORT and the AWESOME SUPPORT IMPORTER!
You will need the following information from your Zendesk account:
- The subdomain for your Help Desk account
- Your account’s email address
- A Zendesk API Token
After you have acquired this information you can import tickets into Awesome Support as follows:
- Go to Tickets->Importer
- Select ZENDESK as the Help Desk Provider in the first field.
- Enter your sub-domain – only enter the first part. For example if your subdomain is mycompanyname.zendesk.com, you will only enter mycompanyname.
- Enter the email associated with your Zendesk account.
- Copy the API token and then paste it into the Importer’s “Help Desk’s API Token” field.
- If you’d like to get tickets within a certain date range, select that range in the date fields.
- Click the “Save” button. The information you entered is saved.
- Click on the “Import Tickets” button.
- Stay on this page. Please be patient, as it can take awhile. Take a break while it does its work.