Issue Tracking (Early Release)
This add-on helps you to easily manage multiple tickets that are related to the same issue. Product recalls, persistent software bugs and major project implementation milestones are just some of the types of issues that this add-on can help you handle with ease.
Larger support operations can easily receive multiple support tickets related to the same problem, especially if its a new issue. Managing multiple tickets that are all about the same problem can easily become a problem itself. Imagine having to update 10, 100 or even 500 tickets just to give them all the same status update? Under this kind of a scenario wouldn’t it be great if you could create a group of tickets and manage the group as a single entity?
Well, that’s precisely what this add-on for Awesome Support does!
Here are a couple of scenarios where you might want to manage certain tickets as a group:
Scenario #1: Software Bug
You release a new version of your software and you start to get reports of an issue with a particular version of Windows. Soon, multiple tickets start to arrive with similar issues. With this add-on you can assign each ticket the same ISSUE NUMBER. You can then add comments to the issue which will automatically update the clients on all associated tickets including sending emails to agents and users.
Scenario #2: Product Recall
Lets say you run a business that sells food and you’re faced with a contamination issue where you have to recall certain products. Each support ticket that comes in will be assigned an issue number and any comments made on the issue will automatically flow through to all the associated tickets. When an issue is closed all associated tickets are automatically closed.
Benefits Of Using The Issue Tracking Add-on
- Manage multiple related tickets as a group
- Automatically notify all associated parties on all related tickets simply by adding a single update to their related issue
- Close all related tickets simply by closing an issue
- Manage issues internally with private and semi-private comments available only to the agents on the issue or the agents on tickets.
- Unlimited tickets can be assigned to each issue
- When viewing a ticket you can easily view other tickets that are associated with the same issue
- Create and use unlimited color coded priorities on each issue
- Create and use unlimited color coded statuses on each issue
- Create and customize email notifications that will go out to each group of interested parties – agents, users, third parties
- Sort and filter issues by ID, Subject, Status, Priority, Date
Complete Searchable Issues List
Unlike most other ticket systems, our Issue Tracking is a first class citizen of our ecosystem. This means you get all the high-end features you would expect from a tracking system.
Manage Tickets Related To issues
You can easily view all tickets related to an issue along with the status of the ticket, whether it has been replied to and the last reply date for the ticket.
And, inside of a ticket you can view all the issues associated with that ticket along with all the tickets associated with each issue (two level deep display!)
Multiple Tickets and Multiple Issues
In some cases you might have a ticket that is associated with more than one issue. For example, you might have a software bug that has been separated out into two independent issues. A customer that complains about that bug might end up having their ticket assigned to those two issues in order to be fully resolved!
You get THREE different types of comments – depending on who you want to be alerted. Private comments will only alert agents directly on the issue. Semi-private comments will alert agents on the issue AND on each individual ticket. Regular comments will send alerts out to all agents and clients/customers attached to the issue or underlying tickets.
The add-on ships with email templates for SIX different alerts:
- Private alerts for agents on the issue
- Semi-private alerts for agents on the issue
- Normal alerts for agents on the issue
- Semi-private alerts for agents on the ticket
- Normal alerts for agents on the ticket
- Alerts for when the issue is closed
If your help-desk handles any kind of real volume of tickets, chances are you need issue tracking to tame things when handling a crisis. Get it today as a stand-alone add-on or with our AGENCY BUNDLE!
Early Release Notice
We tag new extensions with the label “Early Release”. The label is removed after a certain number of customers have installed and used the extension in production.
Basic System Requirements
- WordPress Version 4.9 or later
- Awesome Support Version 5.8.0 or later
- PHP 7.1 (7.3 or later recommended)
There are no additional requirements for this item.
The items below are great complements to this product!
Recurring Subscription Notification
The pricing for this (and most other add-ons) is set as a subscription by default. However, you are free to cancel the recurring subscription at any time – you will still be entitled to the one year of free updates and support from the time of your last payment. The software will generally continue to work without additional payments. However, you should be aware that, as with all software, a future update of any of WordPress / Awesome Support Free Core could include a breaking change. At that time, if you are not on a subscription plan, you will need to purchase a new license to obtain the compatibility updates necessary for the product to continue to work.
To cancel your subscription:
- Credit card or stripe users- just go to your MY ACCOUNT page on our website.
- Paypal users - cancel from directly inside your Paypal account.
This notice does not apply to service products such as custom programming or to free plugins.