Awesome Support Core Update 4.3.2 (Includes Security Updates)
Even though we released a few versions of Awesome Support Core since our last blog post highlighting the 4.1.0 release, we haven't actually written an article about them. So, this is a "catch-up" article covering everything between 4.1.0 and this latest release, 4.3.2.
The most important highlight for this 4.3.2 release is a series of security fixes. While these fixes are not something that will be visible, they are important which is why we're highlighting them at the top of this post. It is very important that you update as soon as you can.
Here is a general overview of the changes in this area:
- Remove log viewer tab in tools submenu if current user is not an admin
- Add nonce security check to Log Viewer Ajax calls
- Wrap Log Viewer filenames in basename()
- (Internal tweak) Do not load the flexboxgrid css script if bootstrap4 scripts are turned on.
Non-Security Related Fixes
- Pricing for certain items on the add-on page was missing (because they deviated from our normal pricing standards).
- Minor grammar fix to tools->system status tab.
Here are the fixes and enhancements for the versions released just after 4.1.0:
- Changed the name of the quick-close and re-open links in the ticketlist because the WP auto-generated classnames for the link conflicted with Bootstrap 4 classnames (causing some wacky displays!)
- Added quick-start instructions at the top of the ABOUT page that is shown when the plugin is activated.
- [urgent]Create and update ticket meta _wpas_last_reply_date and _wpas_last_reply_date_gmt when tickets are opened from wp-admin.
- New custom field attributes for custom css classes
- New custom field attributes for multiple columns using Bootstrap 4 classes (experimental)
- Improved compatibility with bootstrap 4 (Bootstrap 4 support is STILL experimental)
- [urgent] FAQs, DOCUMENTATION and other add-ons that used the reply-area in wp-admin had their select drop-downs disabled.
Additional work was done on automatic upgrade routines 3.x.x to 4.2.x (please consider this experimental and BACKUP your database before upgrading!)
Fix minor grammar issue on general settings tab.
- Added option to change the batch size used when cleaning up expired sessions
- New: Filter added to INIT function in wpas-session class. You can use the new wpas_initiate_session_flag filter to disable creating the session. This would be useful when the traffic is coming from bot sources such as pingdom or uptimerobot.
- New: Filter added to the wpas_can_reply_ticket function. The new filter, wpas_can_also_reply_ticket, allows overriding the checks that determines if a user can reply to a ticket.
- When filtering by ticket id, remove all other filters.
- Added options to control which tabs are shown at the top of the TICKET LIST screen.
- Added automatic upgrade routines for 4.0.x to 4.2 and 3.x to 4.2 (both experimental)
- Disable product filter in ticket list since it doesn't work (and never worked)
- The 3.x to 4.x upgrade routine name was incorrect
- Removed unnecessary text from the TITLE of the email template.
- Custom field attribute for Show In Front-end Detail was only working when the show column back end attribute was set to true. It now works regardless of the value of the show column attribute.
THREE EASY WAYS TO GET STARTED WITH AWESOME SUPPORT TODAY!
Purchase A Bundle
Download Free Plugin
Install From WordPress.org