Automatically Escalate Tickets From VIP Customers
Lets face it - we all have customers that are more valuable than most or that require more hand-holding than most. For those customers, you sometimes want to get their tickets handled by your best agent; or sometimes you might just want to tag those tickets with a VIP status so they move to the top of your ticket list.
Making this happen with Awesome Support and the Awesome Support Business Rules Engine is almost trivial. Here's a step-by-step tutorial to implement this:
What You Need
- Awesome Support 4.3.5 or later (Free)
- The Awesome Support Rules Engine Add-on (Premium add-on)
- Custom Status and Labels (Free or Premium Version)
Preliminary Set up
We'll assume you just want to tag the tickets from your important customers with a VIP label. So the first thing you need to do is set up that label.
- Go to TICKETS->STATUS and LABELS.
- Click the NEW STATUS button at the top of the list
- Enter VIP for the title and choose an appropriate color (we like the color RED for this purpose)
- Click the PUBLISH button
Now that we have our label, lets create a rule that uses it!
- Go To AS RULESET->ADD NEW RULESET
- Give the Ruleset a name such as VIP CLIENTS
- In the Trigger Section click the checkbox next to NEW TICKET
Your screen should look like this now:
- In the Conditions & Filters section scroll to the Client Name row.
- In the first column select AND from the conditional drop-down.
- In the third column type in the name(s) of your VIP clients (once you start typing names you'll see a matching selection of the names)
That area of your screen should look similar to this:
- In the Actions section set the CHANGE STATUS drop-down to VIP.
- Click the SAVE button on the upper right of your screen.
That's all there is to it. Now, when those customers submit a ticket they will automatically be tagged with a VIP status.
Additional Workflow Ideas
Want to make this idea even more powerful? Here are some additional things you can do:
- Use the EMAIL TEMPLATES in the rules engine to notify supervisors or business owners when this rule is triggered - this way they are kept in the loop on all your important customers
- Use the ADD A REPLY option to automatically notify the customer that extra care is being paid to their ticket
- Modify the rule so that a particular agent is always assigned to these tickets (your best agent!)
THREE EASY WAYS TO GET STARTED WITH AWESOME SUPPORT TODAY!
Purchase A Bundle
Download Free Plugin
Install From WordPress.org